Monday, July 23, 2012

Skinny Rules: Week 1, Day 2

Here we are on Day 2!

This morning's workout wasn't as hard to get motivated for as I thought it would be! After a week of sleeping in (until 6:30 haha) it was time to get back to my 5 am workouts. I had a little bit of trouble falling asleep as early as I needed to last night, but after such a busy weekend, it didn't take as long as I thought it would to drift off!

This morning I decided to take a break from running and split up my cardio with 10 minutes on the stairs followed by some intense leg strengthening sets and finished up with 20 minutes on the elliptical. I decided I could use a little muscle boost to help jump start my metabolism so I added some extra weight to my sets of lunges, squats, leg presses, and hamstring curls. Even though I had to cut my workout a little short this morning I still felt really great and sweaty!! :)

Breakfast this morning was greatly enjoyed while catching up with the two girls I nanny. As they gabbed about their weekend away I munched on a bowl of 1/2c oats, 1/2c greek yogurt and a chopped up apple topped with some cinnamon. It was very filling after waiting a little extra to eat this morning! I think this is my favorite breakfast combination Bob suggests because its filling, easy and usually you can swap the fruit out for just about any kind you like. The oats help keep you full with their fiber and the greek yogurt offers a good dose of protein!! I'll probably have this for breakfast 3 more times this week!

We took the dog on a quick walk this morning so we could all get a bit of exercise before enjoying a free movie! After Shorts (the girls loved it, I thought it was a little gross haha) we stopped by an awesome park while we waited for the library to open. We picked out several books for the week and we each chose a movie! Then it was back to the house for some much needed lunch.

Today I made Bob's Cobb Salad which included a "Harper-sized" (as much as you want) serving of greens, cut tomatoes and carrots topped with 3 whites of hard boiled eggs and 1 ounce of cheese (his recipe called for cheddar but I only had mozzarella on hand). I decided today would be meatless so I left out the chicken used in the recipe. Topped with balsamic the salad hit the spot and so did the cutie I packed for "dessert".

Now I have enough energy to keep up with the girls all afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment