Sunday, July 22, 2012

Following the "Skinny Rules": Week 1, Day 1

For the record, I love myself. I'm not perfect but I don't want to be (where's the fun in that??). I'm always looking for a new challenge in helping me maintain a happy, healthy lifestyle.

This past fall I found myself really interested in "The Biggest Loser" (and by interested I mean semi-addicted). I had never really watched the show until its most recent season. I found myself cheering for the contestants who were hoping to turn their lives around for a fresh start. Maybe its because I had experienced that same feeling during my college years that made me so interested in the show. The contestants worked so hard, it was motivating me to continue achieving my fitness goals no matter how small or large.

While watching the show, I really grew to be a fan of Bob Harper. While he could appear very rough and gruff at times, it was clear that he always had the best intentions for his trainees. When his book, "The Skinny Rules" released a few months ago, I was immediately intrigued. As someone who fluctuates as consistently as the seasons, I was really excited about a set of clear cut rules I could follow year round. I read through the book and found some very eye-opening facts and helpful hints about nutrition.  So this is my attempt at putting the rules to the test and I'm very...excited for the challenge!

My Mission: Following Bob Harper's rules and meal plans for the next four weeks along with maintaining my regular fitness plan!

The goal: Not having to buy a new wardrobe, just a few celebratory pieces, when my student teaching term begins!

Predictions: I love accepting challenges and I can't bear not completing them. I think the hardest part will be following Rule # 18: Go to Bed Hungry  (I have recently developed a horrible habit of waking up in the middle of the night to eat peanut butter) and any regulations on peanut/almond butter intake. I need an intervention when it comes to that stuff!

So, Day 1:

So far, I feel really great about this challenge. I welcome it with my usual sassy attitude of "Bring it on!" Breakfast consisted of Greek Yogurt with oats and blueberries. Perfect for a summer morning! A quick snack of Bob's "No-Oil Hummus" and cucumbers was enjoyed at work and I'm currently finishing up my lunch of his "Signature Stir-Fry... loaded with veggies and chicken, and a bit of cashews for crunch!

Today is a rest day from any vigorous workout after completing a couple of weeks of prepping for "The Color Run" which was yesterday. By far one of my very favorite running/walking experiences to date! Everyone should try it!

Once I upload my pictures I'll make sure to post them!

Stay Healthy! Stay Happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment