Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Keeping up with the "Skinny Rules": Week 2 Day 3

Today is off to a much, much better start than yesterday. Let's just pretend yesterday didn't happen and we're just starting fresh today.

This morning's workout was a much needed endurance run. Its been a long time since I've done some distance running and I'm finding myself more and more intrigued by the idea of a marathon. After my half-marathon experience last October I was convinced I wanted nothing to do with running a full marathon. The race was boring, not well attended. It was cold, damp, and lonely. Not exactly what I call an inspiring motivational experience. After the race I was in so much pain. I curled up in a ball and was shaking my muscles were so fatigued. However, the feeling of accomplishing such a challenging task was absolutely amazing! It was worth all the hard hours spent training, stretching, strengthening and sweating!  I'd like to try a destination run because I think that would offer all the motivation to get backing into logging those miles! I'm open to any suggestions!

So after logging a five miler today I finished up with some ab work (planks, Russian twists, bicycles, and traditional sit-ups) which had me sweating away!

Last night I made an egg-white breakfast wrap for this morning. It was a whole wheat wrap topped with some shredded mozzarella, spinach, tomato and of course, the eggs whites (I used 3). It was the perfect way to refuel after my run this morning and helped keep me full until my "mid-morning power boost" which was a mix of melons and some pineapple. Perfect for summer!

Thanks to my wonderful boyfriend, getting lunch together for today was a cinch! We had Chipotle for dinner last night and I used half of my salad for lunch today. Paired with an apple, my belly is full and I'm ready to keep up with the girls all afternoon.

Tonight will be the biggest challenge for staying on track since we're headed to the Red's game. I'm really excited (and hoping they play better than last night) but there is nothing better than a pretzel and a beer while watching Zack Cozart bat. I'm not sure Bob would be thrilled with those choices so I might have to pack a little snack along that is more "Skinny Rules" friendly.

The challenge for this week: Rule #15: Make 10 or more of your meals at home!

Normally this would not be a challenge at all since I really enjoy cooking. I have a slight recipe addiction problem if we're being completely honest haha. There's something rewarding about having a delicious meal and knowing I created it  (even if all I did was follow the recipe :) ). However, this week is so busy with friends and events that its getting more and more challenging to make the meals. I think if I stick with the other rules set by Harper, I'll still be able to post a successful week.

Here's to the afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment