Monday, October 7, 2013

Finally Feels Like Fall

After yesterday's rainfall it finally feels like fall around here!! I know it will get warmer as the week goes on, but I'm just going to enjoy this weather as much as I can while it lasts.

This morning's run definitely reminded me of why I enjoy running in cooler weather. It was difficult to get up and moving though, my  bed was just way too cozy. But with a little help with some great cold weather running gear, I was able to get out and moving and enjoy the morning.

(Hat: Lululemon, Sweatshirt: Under Armor)

Yesterday I decided not to skip out on my daily run for the 100 mile challenge, but I did have to make a tough decision to run indoors. The rain was just too much for me to handle and I figured it was better to get the miles in on the treadmill than risk getting sick from running in the rain. Today I was back outside and it felt great! As I ran through different parts of the neighborhood I noticed different ways people are recognizing fall's arrival. Two streets had displayed hay stalks and scarecrows on their lamp posts that were really cute! It was nice to see it all the way down the street rather than just at one or two houses.

By the end of the run though I was greeted with another sight.



We get a lot of deer around here because of all the developing neighborhoods. I was shocked that these deer (their was a baby across the street) let me come within 15 feet of them before they took off. It was definitely another new running adventure.

After my run I headed to the gym for a full body lifting session. I've been trying to balance out my cardio and lifting routines lately because I usually am pretty heavy on the cardio-side. I love high intensity cardio workouts! They just seem like they kick my butt a little bit more.

The lifting routine I've been following the past two weeks is one I found on Shape Magazine's website. I really like it, but I added a few more exercises to it because I really did want to work all the major muscle groups. I'll try to upload the routine for everyone later this week.

As for the 100 Miles by Halloween Challenge, I'm currently up to 17.1 miles. I'm hoping to finish the week around 30 miles. I think I can handle that :).

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment