Thursday, October 17, 2013

100 by Halloween Challenge Check Up

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you are all enjoying this brisk fall morning! Cincinnati is definitely feeling like fall today and I can't wait to break out all of my sweaters and start making homemade soups (aside from enjoying all the other amazing things about fall)!

This morning started a little earlier than I've been used to lately. I met up with some fellow gym members for an early morning run before joining my spin friends for a great class. On the agenda this morning was a 4 mile run on the treadmill. Originally I had planned to do all of my challenge running outside, but it just wasn't working for me. However, I have been able to continue running outside more frequently so I still feel pretty positive about that.

Here are some fun little stats about the challenge's progress so far:

Total miles run: 50.2
Number of treadmill runs: 6
Number of outdoor runs: 8
Number of days not running: 2
Longest outdoor run so far: 5.6 miles
Best run time: 9:21/mile

Looking ahead I feel pretty confident about the rest of the challenge. I've worked out the milage for the last 2 weeks and if everything goes smoothly I'll hit 100 on Halloween! If I had the courage I would definitely run in a costume, but I think I'll show my excitement in another form, haha. I have a six mile run planned for the next two Sunday's which I'm really looking forward to. Partly because I plan on running a new route this week and also because it will be great preparation for this year's Thanksgiving Day Race!

This race is very special to me because it was the first I had ever participated in. I was so proud of myself for finishing that race and it was such a great experience since the race was celebrating it's 100th year. Since then I've only missed it once, and while it's not the same as enjoying the Macy's Parade, it's my new favorite tradition!

I feel really great with how well the first half of the challenge has gone. And I keep checking out the jacket I plan on picking up November 1st (it's great motivation)!

Have a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment