Friday, October 4, 2013

Adventurous Friday

Happy Friday everyone! Hope your week ended on a high note and you all get a chance to relax and unwind this weekend!

Today was Day 3 of the running challenge, and oh did it live up to it's name! I decided to head over to Sharon Woods to get in a 5 mile run this afternoon. I've only run the harbor trail there once or twice, but I really enjoyed the course. There are hills and curves and the frequent appearances of the lake really make it an enjoyable run. So in the Indian Summer heat I decided it was a great day for another loop around the lake!



The run was a little shaky at first, but by the time I was wrapping up the first loop I definitely was in the groove. And then the adventure began. Since running the Flying Pig in the spring, I've been wearing a running cuff to hold keys, ShotBlocks, etc. while out and about. I laced up my shoes today and slid my car key in the cuff and took off. By mile 3.5 things were feeling great...until I checked my cuff and discovered my car key was missing. And then the scavenger hunt began! After about fifteen minutes of searching for my lone car key, someone walking by noticed the panic look on my face and mentioned they found a key on the path and placed it on a bench nearby! I started jogging back and there it was waiting for me. Moral of the story: hair ties secure keys to wrists better than running cuffs. I'm so glad to run in areas with such friendly people!

I'm learning more and more about myself with these outdoor runs. I can't wait to see what's in store for the next few runs! Please send your favorite routes and running spots my way, I really want to branch out of my normal spots!

Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment