Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weekly Workout Highlight

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Now that the polar vortex has passed, I hope you all have thawed out and are looking forward to the upcoming weekend!

As I mentioned in my last post, I want to start highlighting different workouts each week. For my first workout review, I guess we can call it, I'm focusing on a new DVD I actually received for Christmas.


I come from a pretty large family. My Dad is one of eight so needless to say we have a lot of people to celebrate the holidays with. Every Christmas we have a gift exchange that I always look forward to! It's very similar to a Secret Santa. Each person writes down three things they would like for Christmas that are under $25. This year my cousin picked my name and I was absolutely THRILLED to receive the great gifts she put together for me. One of the gifts I was given was the Jillian Michaels' Shed and Shred DVD. I am a HUGE Jillian Michaels fan so I was pretty pumped to try one of her workouts.

SoI was finally able to try the DVD this morning and here's what I think :


If I know anything about Jillian Michales it's that she doesn't mess around! This workout completely follows suit! I was well prepared to sweat it out this morning, but I didn't know just how quickly I'd feel the burn, haha. There are so many great things about this workout: you choose how long you workout for, a half hour or an hour long routine. She includes a warm-up and cool-down (something I definitely need to work on including when I hit the gym). My favorite thing about the DVD though is that there is never a dull moment. She includes everything from cardio intervals to kickboxing to yoga to weight training. I wasn't able to complete the full hour and a half workout, but I was definitely sweating like crazy by the end of my 45 minute session.

I can't wait to try the DVD again, after I recover from today's shred session! If you have any workout routine suggestions please leave a comment. I'm always trying to switch things up!

1 comment:

  1. I might need to borrow this to try it out. Flu season has been keeping me home from the gym as I don't want to take the kids to child watch. Thanks for the highlights!

    ReplyDelete