Monday, January 27, 2014

A Different Kind of Make It Monday

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderfully relaxing weekend and are staying warm in this extra chilly weather. The colder it gets the more I want to stay in bed with a cup of coffee and a good book or movie.

Instead of staying in bed though, I woke up early to start a week of subbing for middle school art classes. While I'm not the most artistically inclined person, I'm really excited for this week. One of the projects I'll be helping the students with is a reverse glass painting. I found a photo on Pinterest that I want to hang so I decided to use it for the base of this project.

I've really enjoyed working with the students instead of just moderating them. It makes me focus on using all those silly things I learned in Grad school, which will really help when I start teaching full time. It also makes the day so much more enjoyable!

While I was working with one of my classes some of the girls helped me get caught up on their project. So far I have the first two steps of the project complete and am ready to transfer my design to glass.


The lettering was a little difficult at first. Because I'm painting on the backside of the glass, I had to make sure I reversed the letters so it would read correctly when I hang it.



I'll keep you guys posted with how it goes! I'm really excited to see the finished project and hang it, letting the light shine through! If you have any tips about painting on glass, send them my way (anything to help me look good, haha!)

What have you made lately or feel inspired to make? Pictures welcome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment