Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What's in Your Gym Bag?

Hey there friends! Hope you're all having a good Tuesday! From what I heard yesterday (and from my own experience) Monday was not an awesome day for people. Good thing that's over with.

Today started off with a Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Shake and a trip to the gym. I've been trying to have more smoothies/shakes for breakfast lately since its an easy way for me to sneak in fruits and veggies, but its quite a challenge with cold weather. However, today's smoothie was delicious so I didn't mind the cold start to the day too much.

Today's workout was a training run and a lifting session focusing on my legs. I'm training for my second half marathon, part of the Flying Pig series, and have a plan I've followed for just about all of my major races. Today the schedule planned for a 3.5 mile run and I decided to add the lifting portion since I haven't been getting many sessions in with weights lately. If you know me and my workout routines, you know I'm a cardio junkie.

I felt really good with the run before completing a 15 minute Nike Training Club routine. I need to use that app more often because I really like the way the routines are set-up. I highly recommend it for anyone who struggles with planning their own workouts. This app takes out a lot of the stress.

So today's workout looked a little like this:


I changed out the drop squat jumps for squats with a medicine ball since my legs were still recovering from my run. Fair enough, right?

When I finished up I grabbed my stuff for the locker room and had to dig around in my gym bag for my keys. Which brings us to today's topic. What's in your gym bag? I saw this idea for a blog post on Sunday and it popped into my head while I was hunting for my keys this morning.

Here's what mine usually includes:




  • Gym/ running shoes- I have to wear boots just about everywhere I go up here because of the cold and snow. Boo.
  • Foam roller: It was a Christmas present and I LOVE it! I need to use it more to be honest. So I've started to take it with me hoping I'll use it more and more.
  • Gloves: warm heart, cooooold hands, haha.
  • Armband and earbuds 
  • Wallet



  • One side pouch has beauty products for a quick fix- Suave dry shampoo, lint brush, travel deodorant, lotion, hand sanitizer, and Simple facial wipes.
  • On the other side I keep workout routines from magazines, my lock, and a note my mom hid in my bag one day at the gym. It reminds me that just by going and taking time to exercise I'm succeeding, even when I'm having an off day.


So now it's your turn... what's in your bag??

No comments:

Post a Comment