Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Weekly Workout Highlight

Happy Hump day everyone!

Even though this winter is draaaaggin on, I hope you all are having a good week so far!

Today began with a hot cup of coffee and a mug of oatmeal. Ever since college, 75% of what I eat is always placed in a cup or mug. It works though since its the perfect size for things like oatmeal, soup, and yogurt.

Workout:

This morning's trip to the gym started with a 20-min. tredmill run followed by an upper-body lifting session. I can't wait for warmer weather (and for all this snow to melt) so I can start running outside again! Come on Spring, step it up!

I tried a new upper-body workout that popped up in my email a couple days ago. I have the MapMyRun app on my phone and get their weekly workout summaries sent to my email. In this week's summary there was also a link for an Ultimate Pre-date Workout. It looked like a pretty well-rounded upper-body routine so I thought I'd give it a try today.

Here's what it looked like:

I decided to swap out the chin-up hold for some assisted dips and added a reverse fly as well to add some extra work for my back. I didn't complete Circuit D since I ran earlier, but I was pretty wiped out by the end of the third super-set. I'll definitely be using this routine again!

Whisking:

I haven't done a recipe review on here in a while so I've picked out a few that I'd like to try my hand at. i'd love to hear what you think though so here's what I'm thinking and leave your votes in the comments. I'll review the recipe this weekend!

Here are your choices:




















No-bake 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bars

































If you couldn't tell, and don't know me… I have a peanut butter, almond butter, ALL nut butter obsession!

Looking forward to seeing what you all choose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment