Sunday, December 1, 2013

First Foodie Pen-Pal Experience


The Lean Green Bean


This month I participated in the wonderful Foodie Pen-pal program for the first time! This monthly event is organized by Lindsey at The Lean Green Bean. She did an excellent job making sure each person received a pen-pal and reminded everyone of the timeline of the swap. I was very lucky to be paired with Kimmy from Making Mondays. She is an easy shop owner from the west coast, who enjoys cooking and trying new recipes. She has a great feature on her blog where she tries out new Pinterest recipes! Such a great idea! I was so excited when I received her box of goodies!


The box included an excellent variety of snacks, including:

  • Trader Joe's freeze dried blueberries
  • Trader Joe's coconut chips
  • Garlic roasted peanuts
  • Smartfood popchips
  • Two fruit leathers
  • Raw Walnut Butter
  • Nutella
  • Roasted Veggie Chips

Kimmy told me in her postcard that the coconut chips were her favorite, so I was eager to try them. I'm not normally a fan of coconut, but i was so surprised with how much I enjoyed these chips! They were so delicious and just the right amount of sweetness. I mixed them with a few dried fruits and nuts to make a sweeter trail mix and even topped some protein pancakes with them. I will definitely be picking up more of these when I run out!


I also really enjoyed the walnut butter! I'm a huge peanut and almond butter fan so I was super excited to try walnut butter! It was an excellent post-workout snack with a banana. The fruit leathers were also excellent pre-workout snacks for busy days on the go. I'm so glad I signed up for this pen-pal program and I can't wait to see what goodies are in the next swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment